Mediator and ArbitratorJohn serves as a mediator and arbitrator in complex business, technology, and intellectual property matters involving parties and interests around the country and beyond — often before litigation is filed. Prior to his service as a mediator and arbitrator, John served as the lead settlement negotiator in hundreds of cases, mediating and negotiating settlements on behalf of corporate and individual clients in more than 20 states. With experience as a litigator, corporate counsel and business executive, he brings rare and valuable perspective to dispute resolution.
Trustee and Special Situations ProfessionalIn 2009, John was appointed to serve as the liquidating trustee to the BearingPoint, Inc. Liquidating Trust by the U. S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. Since then, he has been appointed and retained to manage various estates, claims, and special situations around the country. Most of these clients don’t have legal problems. They have business problems in the legal context.
Most clients don’t have legal problems. They have business problems in the legal context.
Rare Executive and In-House Legal ExperienceJohn served as chief litigation counsel to KPMG Consulting, LLC/BearingPoint, Inc., a $3 billion global consulting firm with as many as 17,000 employees, for over eight years. He later became the company’s chief legal officer and, ultimately, its president. Prior to KPMG Consulting, John practiced with a nationally known litigation boutique and a major Texas law firm, representing plaintiffs and defendants in complex commercial and intellectual property litigation matters.
MoreJohn’s memberships and affiliations include :
- Past Chair, State Bar of Texas ADR Section
- Past Chair, Dallas Bar Association ADR Section
- Past Chair, National Litigation Committee, Association of Corporate Counsel
- Past Chair, General Counsel Forum, Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter
- Past Chair, Duke Law School Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Past Chair, Duke Law School Future Forum
- Past Chair, Texas Attorney-Mediators Coalition
- Past Trustee, St. John’s Episcopal School Board of Trustees
- Past Director, Dwell with Dignity Foundation
- Inaugural Member, ADR Champions List, The National Law Journal
- Member, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Panelist, AAA National Roster of Arbitrators
- Lawdragon 500 Hall of Fame
- 500 Leading Lawyers, Lawdragon 2020
- Global Leader in Commercial Mediation, Who’s Who Legal 2022
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters
- Best Lawyers in America for Mediation, 2022-2023
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation